OUR CORE VALUES
The Micro-Credit Association Ghana [MCAG], an agent for Bank of Ghana, was incorporated on May 2, 2010 as an umbrella organization for Micro-Credit Institutions under the Companies Code, 1963 (Act 179) as an association Limited by Guarantee with the following objectives:
(1) To bring micro-credit operators under one umbrella organization.
(5) To ensure that members abide by the code of conduct and practice of the Association.
(2) To network and develop professional relationship among members and all stakeholders.
(6) To promote the welfare of members.
(3) To partner other apex bodies and networks to build a unified front for advocacy in influencing microfinance policies of government, development partners and other regulatory bodies.
(7) To build the capacity of members to empower their clients to achieve sustainability in their businesses and livelihoods (with special focus on financial inclusion)
(4) To provide acceptable operating standards of practice for members and to internally monitor and regulate the operations of members.
(8) To remain recognized by the Bank of Ghana as the umbrella organization for all the micro-credit institutions which operate under Tier 3 and Tier 4 categorization of the microfinance subsector in Ghana.
To be the most credible Microfinance institution in Ghana that empowers its members to improve the living conditions of their clients.
Membership shall be open to all business entities and individuals in Microfinance business. Membership shall also be open to business entities and individuals in the business of Microfinance but who are not members of the Association.
Only business entities and individuals in the business of or who intend to be in the business of micro crediting and have been duly registered at the Registrar-General’s Department as such shall qualify to apply membership.
The Micro-Credit Association Ghana [MCAG] incorporated on May 2, 2010 as an umbrella organization for Micro crediting organizations and individuals under the Companies Code 1963 (Act 179) as an association limited by guarantee
MCAG exists to provide credit to economically deprived individuals and businesses in a regulated, market-driven environment to improve standard of living in Ghana.